At Campus, we are on a mission to optimize the world’s teaching and learning. We’re assembling a world-class team of engineers, designers, and pedagogists to build the best online alternative to community college and an alternate (and more affordable) transfer pathway to four-year universities.
First, we built Campuswire (https://campuswire.com/platform) -- Campuswire is a powerful teaching tool for large, online classes. It’s used in tens of thousands of classes on 300+ campuses across the country and (think schools like UCLA, Penn, Oxford and NYU).
We’ve built the best teaching and learning tool for college classes. Now, we’re using it to build Campus (https://campus.org): an online alternative to community college and to the traditional transfer pathway.
Campus will be a place where students can complete their first two years of college affordably (and usually for free) while taking classes with the best teaching faculty in the country. Our goal is to dramatically increase community college completion rates while increasing pay for talented instructors.
We’re backed by an investor team that believes deeply in our vision for the future of education -- our investors include Sam Altman, Founders Fund, Bloomberg Beta, Precursor Ventures, Reach Capital, Rethink Education, Betaworks and others. We're also supported by a group of amazing angels including Jason Citron (CEO of Discord) and Rob Hayes.
We’re looking for a senior full stack software engineer who is passionate about building inspiring products to join us on this mission.
- Manage and support internal projects that are related to the engineering and design team.
- Drive the roadmap and prioritization of products related to both Campus and Campuswire.
- Review, analyze, and manage existing processes and documentation, and generate new materials as needed
- Support daily stand-ups, sprint planning and retrospectives and manage the end-to-end agile design / build / test / release process
- Test and iterate on all aspects of the product experience
- 2+ years of product and project management experience outside of education and internships
- Can wear multiple hats and is a self-starter
- Strong technical background, either from academic, engineering, or hands-on product development experience
- Strong consensus and relationship-building skills, with experience marshaling resources across different functions of an organization
- Effective interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills with great problem solving abilities
- Strong product sense with incredible attention to detail
Backend: Go, Node, WS, Redis, ES, Postgres, GCP
Frontend: React, Redux, React-Query, Agora
*Campus celebrates and embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.*