At Campus, we are on a mission to optimize the world’s teaching and learning. We’re assembling a world-class team of engineers, designers, and pedagogists to build the best online alternative to community college and an alternate (and more affordable) transfer pathway to four-year universities.
First, we built Campuswire (https://campuswire.com/platform) -- Campuswire is a powerful teaching tool for large, online classes. It’s used in tens of thousands of classes on 300+ campuses across the country and (think schools like UCLA, Penn, Oxford and NYU).
We’ve built the best teaching and learning tool for college classes. Now, we’re using it to build Campus (https://campus.org): an online alternative to community college and to the traditional transfer pathway.
Campus will be a place where students can complete their first two years of college affordably (and usually for free) while taking classes with the best teaching faculty in the country. Our goal is to dramatically increase community college completion rates while increasing pay for talented instructors.
We’re backed by an investor team that believes deeply in our vision for the future of education -- our investors include Sam Altman, Founders Fund, Bloomberg Beta, Precursor Ventures, Reach Capital, Rethink Education, Betaworks and others. We're also supported by a group of amazing angels including Jason Citron (CEO of Discord) and Rob Hayes.
We’re looking for a senior full stack software engineer who is passionate about building inspiring products to join us on this mission.
- You’ll own the entire engineering process of a product from designing schema to wiring up React components.
- You’ll help build and improve the foundation for Campus engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- You’ll work closely with the product and design team to implement new features and products.
- As we grow, you’ll be able to build and grow the engineering team around you.
- 5+ years of software development experience outside of education and internships
- Experience with building and managing scalable API, databases and large JS apps
- Effective interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills with great problem solving abilities
- Strong product sense with incredible attention to detail
New York, London or Remote (open to +/- 4 hours of eastern time zone)
Backend: Go, Node, WS, Redis, ES, Postgres, GCP
Frontend: React, Redux, React-Query, Agora
*Campus celebrates and embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.*