At Campus, we are on a mission to maximize access to the world's knowledge. We’re assembling a world-class team of engineers, designers, and pedagogists to build the best online alternative to community college and an alternate (and more affordable) transfer pathway to four-year universities.
First, we built Campuswire (https://campuswire.com/platform) -- Campuswire is a powerful teaching tool for large, online classes. It’s used in tens of thousands of classes on 300+ campuses across the country and (think schools like UCLA, Penn, Oxford and NYU).
We’ve built the best teaching and learning tool for college classes. Now, we’re using it to build Campus (https://campus.org): an online alternative to community college and to the traditional transfer pathway.
Campus will be a place where students can complete their first two years of college affordably (and usually for free) while taking classes with the best teaching faculty in the country. Our goal is to dramatically increase community college completion rates while increasing pay for talented instructors.
We’re backed by an investor team that believes deeply in our vision -- our investors include Founders Fund, Reach Capital, Bloomberg Beta, Precursor Ventures and Betaworks. And onboard, we have amazing angels such as Sam Altman (CEO of OpenAI), Jason Citron (CEO of Discord), Dylan Field (CEO of Figma).
We’re looking for a Product Designer who is passionate about building inspiring products to join us on this mission.
- Take a product, feature, or experience from ideation to production.
- Work with engineers and product managers to define both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for our products.
- Create flows, sketches, wireframes, prototypes, and other design artifacts to determine end-to-end-user experiences.
- Establish and maintain design principles and patterns to be used across all channels and experiences.
- Collaborate with up-stream and down-stream product and marketing teams to ensure a consistent user journey.
- 2+ years of product design experience outside of education and internships
- Is a self-starter and is excited about working in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Experience with using design tools like Figma, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Experience designing on multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Mobile web, Desktop, etc)
- Can give and receive feedback well, supporting and improving the work of your colleagues as well as your own
- Effective interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills with great problem solving abilities
- Strong product sense with incredible attention to detail
New York or Remote
*Campus celebrates and embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.*